ITIS Library Rules and Expectations:
1. The library is open from 7:30 until 2:45. Students should feel free to ask for assistance from any of the library staff.
2. Remain on task and follow all school rules within the library.
3. All books for return should be placed in the return bin upon entering the library.
4. Do not re-shelve books that have been removed from the shelf. Books should be placed in the bin in the fiction room.
5. Backpacks and food should be left outside of the library.
Check Out Procedures:
1. Place all returning library books in the return bin upon entering the library.
2. Leave all trackers in the bin by the computers while visiting the library.
3. The maximum number of materials that can be checked out is 3.
4. Present your ID and tracker to library staff when checking out.
5. Fines are charged for late books.
1. Regular books are loaned two weeks to six days, depending on the day the book is checked out. Student books checked out are always due on a Friday. Students must show an ID at the time of checkout in order to check out a book.
2. A book may be renewed by bringing the book to the library and checking it out again. If there is a Reserve on a book, it can be renewed one time, and then it must be returned to go to the next person on the Reserve List.
3. Each book checked out contains a date due slip on which is stamped the date the book is due.
4. Students may have a total of three books checked out at a time. Students may only check out two fiction books at a time.
5. Fines of .10 per school day are charged on all overdue items. Overdue and fine notices will be sent to all students by way of homebase each Monday morning. Students also have the option of working in the library to "pay" for fines of $1.00 or more.